Check out these great tips to sell your home fast. If you are thinking about selling your home, follow these steps and you will sell your home fast.
1. Price is the most important factor when it comes to selling your home. Over price your home and it will not sell. Every home will sell at the right price. You need to make sure you understand how much homes are selling for in your neighborhood and are they good comparable homes to yours. You need comps for homes that have sold, not listing prices. Homes may be selling for more or less than list price based on the market you are in. Your home will get the most activity in the first 30 days your home is for sale. Many sellers over price their home and miss out on the first 30 days.
2. Pick the right real estate agent. You need to find a real estate agent that you can trust. Selling your home is very important to you and you need someone qualified. You need to find an agent that understands the current housing market in your area. Knowledge of the market will help you choose the right price and strategy to sell your home. You need to trust your real estate agent and be someone you can work with. You need a real estate agent with a strategy to meet your goals and objectives. You want a real estate agent that is motivated. Your agent needs to be motivated to follow up on all showings, return phone calls, keep you informed throughout the process. You also need a real estate agent with relevant experience. Experience is not measured by years as a real estate agent, it is measured by the number of transactions completed each year.
3. You need a pricing strategy to meet your goals. Selecting the right price is the most important decision you will make in selling your home. You will choose a different pricing strategy if you need to sell your home today versus a home owner that has more time. Another consideration is the condition of your home. You should ask yourself these questions,
Do I want to sell my house with these appliances?
Do I want to sell my home with this paint?
Do I want to sell my home with this flooring?
Be careful not to over spend on upgrades. Some upgrades have a positive return on investment others have a negative return on investment. Do your home work and decide what repairs you are going to make.
4. Get the right curb appeal. Buyers have already judged your home before they walk through the door. You never have a second chance to make a first impression. It’s important to make people feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach the house. Stand in the street and take a critical look at your home. Get rid of the weeds, rake the rock, trim the bushes, and get rid of anything that is not needed. How about the paint on the front door, garage door, and trim?
5. The biggest return on investment is clean. Clean the entire home including windows and every corner of the home. Clean your home and keep it clean at all times. I know this sounds simple, however it is the greatest return on investment.
6. Another great return on investment is paint. Painting a room or the house is relatively inexpensive and makes a huge difference in a home. I recommend home owners hire a professional painter unless they are very good painters. You better know how to “cut” all lines perfectly or your home may look worse than when you started.
7. Another great return on investment is to de-clutter your home. Start packing because you are getting ready to move Have a yard sale if you need to get rid of stuff. Remove all your family pictures from your home. Go through each room and remove as much as you can and still live in the home. Your home will feel much larger with minimal furniture in each room. Pack your clothes that you are not using. This makes your closets seem larger.
8. You need to make it easy to show your home. The easier it is to show the easier it is to sell. You never know when someone will want to view your home. Make sure the home is ready to be viewed at all times and make it easy for potential buyers to view your home.
9. Tell everyone you know that you are selling your home. Place fliers any place you can such as work, library, any place they have a bulletin board.
10. You need a plan for your pets if you have them. If some one wants to look at your home, do you need to take the pets out of your home or in a kennel.